- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 bag frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 1/2 -teaspoon salt
- 1/2- teaspoon tonys cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups yellow corn meal, only a half-cup is used for the okra
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray the foil generously with cooking spray.
- Make sure your okra has defrosted, and strain all the juices out in a colander.
- Spray the inside of a gallon-sized food storage bag with cooking spray. Add the okra, salt, pepper, and tonys. Close the bag and shake to blend everything together. Let the okra rest for ten minutes to extract juice from the okra. Add the cornmeal to the bag and shake vigorously to coat the okra. Let the bag sit for ten minutes; then, shake it up again.
- Pour okra mixture into colander over a large bowl, and shake off excess cornmeal into the bowl.
- Place the coated okra on the sheet pan and spread out to make sure the pieces are not touching each other. Spray the okra well with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and stir the okra, trying to turn over as many pieces as possible. Lightly spray them again. Return to the oven for another 20 minutes. Remove from oven.