- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 diced yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp Basil (I use it out of the tube or jar)
- 1 c Parmesan Cheese
- 1 c Fat Free Ricotta Cheese
- 1 box Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles
- 1 lb Lean ground turkey meat
- 1 container of Low Calorie Marinara Sauce of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 350' , and start to boil water for noodles, and spray cupcake pan with cooking spray.
2. Cook turkey meat,and yellow onions. As it cooks, sprinkle garlic salt, oregano, Italian seasoning, and add in chopped onion. (use amount that you want for taste/flavor) and then set aside for layering.
3. Cook lasagna noodles just enough to soften them, do not cook all the way through. Take them out of water, and lay it out on a cutting board. Then you can use a round cookie cutter, or I just use the lid to the marinara, and press into noodles to make circles. It is ok if it is not a perfect circle, cut out enough for 3 layers (if cupcake pan has 6 holders, you will need 18 circles.)
4. In a bowl mix your ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, basil, and a little garlic salt. Then spread a teaspoon size amount of mixture on each circle noodle and lay in cupcake pan.
5. Begin to layer your lasagna with noodle covered in ricotta cheese mixture, ground turkey meat, sprinkle mozzarella cheese over, then your marinara. Repeat about 3 times.
6. Place in oven an bake 20-30 mins. Let cool. I use a very small spatula to get the "cupcakes" out without breaking.