Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mini Pies

I LOVE cherry pie & have a hard time cutting myself off. Today I felt like baking so I made yummy mini pies! They are so cute & would be a hit at any party! I will probably make them for a baby shower I am hosting next week.

Ingredients:
- already made pie crust, you can buy it in the freezer section
- Pie filling of your choice (I used fresh peaches for some, and sugar free cherry pie filling from the can)
- sugar
- spray butter
- flour

Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven until 425*
2. Layout a cutting board, and sprinkle some flour on the board, and roll out premade pie crust
3. Take the rim of a glass cup & begin to cut out circles of dough
4. Take the circle dough and form it around the cupcake tin
5. Spray with a little butter & begin to put fruit pie filling inside cups (if you are using fresh fruit slice small before) sprinkle sugar on top of fruit.
6. Begin to cut thin strips of left over dough and make the top crust of pie. Before placing in the oven, sprinkle a pinch of sugar on top.
7. Bake for 20 mins, or until golden brown