Once again I started playing around with cabbage! This is a great dish if you are an Italian food lover, minus all the carbs! If you want to make this dish for a larger group, just layer it in a baking sheet, like lasagna. It is do delicious, and you can't even tell there isn't any noodles involved!
- 1 lb of ground lean turkey
- 1/2 head of cabbage (depending on how Many you want to make)
- 1 c of Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp flax seeds (in place of eggs and has omega 3)
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- 1 tsp onion powder or 1 c of onion
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1/4 c of Parmesan cheese
- 1 c of low cal tomato sauce
- 1/2 lemon
- spray olive oil or Pam
1. Preheat oven to 375'
2. In mixing bowl combine turkey meat, all herbs, and lemon juice. Mix together
3. Place meat mixture in pan on the stove, begin to cook until brown.
4. While you meat cooks. Clean your cabbage and begin to slowly and careful peel away layers (it helps if you cut the core out). Place cabbage layers in boiling water for 5-10 mins, then lay on paper towel and set aside
5. When meat is finished cooking. Place back in bowl and pour 1/2 c of tomato sauce over top, and mix together.
6. Spray cupcake tin with Pam, and begin placing cabbage slices in one at a Time.
6. Then place 1 tbsp of cooked meat mixture into each cabbage cup
7. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the
Top, fold cabbage corners, and drizzle the rest of the tomato sauce over the top
8. Place in oven and bake 15-20 mins
A friend of mine posted this earlier today, she made them!