Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Just make it a game!

Don't keep food in your house that you know you shouldn't eat! I have stood in front of the pantry just staring at the food I know I shouldn't eat countless times. I know we are all guilty of this!
I have a wonderful family friend who
I just spent a week with who lost 65 pounds, and now works for Medifast! She looks so great, and taught me so much about eating on our trip. We spent at least an hour in the grocery store finding healthy foods. She has always told her kids to turn something you hate doing into a game! I thought that was the cutest Idea!
You can say I have always been the type of person who loves to eat! At one point in my life, I let it consume me, I wasn't over weight, but I wasnt living a healthy lifestyle by any means. If you are like that, and hate eating/cooking healthy. Turn into a game!
Think of your life in the future, and all the things you want to live for... Be active, healthy, and happy with yourself. Think of all the fun in cooking, and stop eating out so much! There are so many fun things you can do with food, and bringing your friends together to enjoy it with you! Start to research the food you are putting in your body, and learn what is good for you, and what is not. You will learn so much, and be in shock the stuff you learn about! Treat your body as a temple, think about everything you put into it! Enjoy your life everyday, and stop feeling bad for yourself after you eat horrible. You did it to yourself! Make it a game by cooking with your friends,kids,loved ones, and family. Give every person a duty in the kitchen, turn on some music, and have fun with it! The sooner you teach your kids the importance to cook and eat healthy, the more they will learn, and they will have a chance to have a healthy lifestyle (especially going into college).
I want to start a new game: have each person do research about 1 heathy thing a week or day. Then at dinner, each share what you have learned. Now without even realizing it, every week you are learning new facts about eating healthy! How fun is that?

Good luck!!