Monday, June 25, 2012

Mexican salad

A family friend made this salad on our beach trip for lunch one day, and I fell in love! I ate it everyday for lunch when I got home! Anytime I eat a salad, I am always still hungry after. But the veggies, and turkey meat help keep you full! It's got such a great mixture of flavors, especially if you love Mexican food like I do! :)

Ingredients:
- 1 lb of turkey ground meat
- 1 package of low Sodium taco seasoning
- 1 c of chopped celery
- 1/2 c of fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime squeezed (you can add more for taste)
- your favorite low calorie salsa (I use verde Herdez salsa)
- 1 bag of romaine lettuce (you want to have more dark lettuce because white lettuce has less nutrients)
- sprinkled mexican cheese is optional
- 1 c of cherry tomatoes
- 1 sliced bell pepper

Instructions:
1. Cook turkey meat on stove top, once meat starts to cook, add in seasoning
2. While meat cooks, slice cilantro,celery,bell pepper, and cherry tomatoes
3. Clean lettuce (let dry!) and place I large bowl, add in all sliced veggies. Mix together
4. Make your own bowl of salad, and top with cooked meat, avocado, squeeze lime juice over the top and salsa.