These are amazing!!!
- 1 3/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp I can't believe it's not butter
- 1 c fat free milk
- 1/2 c pure organic sugar
- 2 eggs separated
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple sugar
- 2 tsp pure organic sugar
1. Preheat oven 400' spray mini pan with Pam
2. Whisk together flour,baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in bowl. Set aside
3. Whisk together melted butter,milk,sugar,egg yolks,and vanilla in a separate bowl
4. Whip egg whites in bowl
5. Combine wet and dry mixtures.
6. Fold whipped egg whites into muffin batter just until thin white streaks are visible. Pour mixture into baking pan
7. Bake about 15 mins
8. For glaze combine syrup and sugar in a small bowl, brush onto muffin tops. Bake another 3 mins to set glaze
If for some reason you are in a rush, and don't have time to make this from scratch, you can also use a pancake mix, and just add cinnamon to the dry ingredients.