- 1 head of cauliflower (you can use frozen bag but it will have more water to drain)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c cornmeal (or breadcrumbs)
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1.5 c low calorie/low sodium BBQ sauce
- 1/2 diced purple onion
- 3-4 slices of bacon
- 3 chicken breast
- 3/4 c low fat mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400'. Place cauliflower in food processor/blender, and blend until rice consistency. Also, place chicken in oven on baking sheet, and cook.
2. Place cauliflower in bowl, put in microwave for 5 minutes. If it has a wet consistency, place in a towel, twist, and drain out all the water.
3. Place cauliflower back in bowl and add egg, cornmeal, seasoning and blend again
4. After you blend it will be a thicker consistency. Place parchment paper on baking sheet (or sometimes I use a baking stone) pour mixture in center. Take a spoon or cake spread, and begin to carefully spread mixture evenly on pan, making a 1 inch layer.
5. Place crust in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until it begins to golden a little.
7. After chicken is cooked, let it cool, then begin to shred chicken in bowl and let it marinate in 1/2 c BBQ sauce.
6. Take the crust out of oven, spread with BBQ sauce, top with onion mixture, chicken, and cheese.
7. Place back in oven for 15 minutes.
8. Slice and serve