- 1 c pistachios
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 2 tbs basil
- 1/2 lb chicken
- 2 links of turkey sausage (regular sausage)
- 2 yellow squash (you can use spaghetti squash too)
1. Cut squash in half, and thinly slice long ways. (I used a mandolin) if you use spaghetti squash you have to bake it 20 mins first
2. Place pistachios, garlic and basil in food processor. Blend. Then slowly add in olive oil until it becomes a "pesto" thickness . Then begin to add lemon juice
3. Cook chicken on skillet, when it's close to being finished add sausage.
4. Once meat is cooked add in "pasta" squash. Mix together and let it cook on low.
5. After squash has been cooked, pour in pesto sauce. Mix together.