Monday, July 30, 2012

Pad Thai... Hold the noodles

This recipe was interesting to make that I randomly came up with today. I have been craving thai food, and there aren't any good thai food restaurants near my house. I have always wanted to make some thai food, but never had the guts. Today I thought I would give it a shot, and trust me, I wasn't so sure about it at first, and I just started adding random ingredients that sounded like it would go together. haha. Good luck, and let me know how you like it. You can't even tell its zucchini in place of the noodles, and don't be scared to add more of any ingredients. You can always add more almond butter, or soy sauce up to your taste. Hope you enjoy! Please excuse the picture... it doesn't look appealing... but it taste amazing! Im the worst photographer! 

Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar 
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 c broccoli
- 1 c chopped onion
- 1 tbsp garlic 
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 diced chicken breast
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 sliced zucchini 
- 1/2 c diced almonds
- 2-3 eggs- scrambled

Instructions:
1.  Heat skillet, add in coconut oil. Once the skillet is hot add in chicken, and onions. When chicken begins to look cooked
2. Add in broccoli, vinegar, coconut milk, garlic, sweet chili sauce, and almonds. mix together, and let it marinate. 
3. Then add in zucchini slices. mix together, and cook about 5 minutes, until "noodles" begin to shrink
4. Add in almond butter, let it melt, and mix together. Add in soy sauce, and you can always add more later up to your taste. 
5. Right before you finish the pad thai, throw in your scrambled eggs, and mix together

Serve!  ( I served this with the sweet chili shrimp)