I made these wontons, but cooked them two different ways! I made half baked egg rolls, and I used the rest for a won ton soup. I wanted to try to make them separately to test out new recipes. Hope you enjoy! The kids will really love both of these recipes!
- 1 lb lean turkey meat (I was making it for 2-4 people)
- 1 large carrot diced (or 5 small carrots)
- 1 c diced cabbage
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 egg white
- won ton wrappers
1. Preheat oven 375'
2. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except the won ton wrappers
3. Mix together with your hands
4. Begin to assemble your won tons. Lay 1 won ton flat, place 1 tsp turkey mix in the center, fold in corners and roll together like a burrito.
5. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray, and place eggroll 1 inch apart. Spray the top with cooking spray so they will have a dark crust
6. Place in oven and bake 10 mins, then take out and flip on opposite side, and bake another 10-15 mins. Make sure inside meat is cooked!
Mix together low sodium soy sauce, and 1 tbsp rice vinegar. I added 1 tsp of sweet chili sauce and mixed together.
Won Ton Soup:
1. Make dumplings just like above
2. Bring 2 c chicken broth, 1 c beef stock to boil
3. Begin to slowly add dumplings in broth
4. Cook on medium heat for 15-20 mins, or until meat is fully cooked inside