Monday, August 27, 2012

Fried Rice

I get burned out on eating grilled chicken all the time, and I had some in my fridge I needed to eat, but needed to be spiced up. I also had leftover whole grain brown rice from our previous dinner, and needed to use some groceries in the fridge. I just started slicing up veggies, and throwing in anything that sounded good, I was kind of worried about adding the almonds, but the entire lunch turned out great! Hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:
- 2 cups whole grain brown rice
- 1/4 c diced green onion
- 1/2 c sliced carrots
- 1/2 c of sliced cabbage (about a hand full )
- 1/4 c sliced almonds
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tbsp cilantro
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 c chopped chicken ( I used leftover grilled chicken)
- 1/2 tsp ginger