Thursday, August 23, 2012

My favorite Spinach fruit salad!

In high school I worked at an Italian restaurant, and thats when I began eating salads. I became obsessed with this spinach salad, and have been trying to copy it since I moved. Finally I got pretty darn close! It is by far one of the only salads I can eat tons of! I hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:
- 1 bag of spinach lettuce ( you can make less, but I wanted to make a lot)
- 2 c of chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 large green apple diced

Instructions: Clean lettuce, dice fruit, and throw in it in the salad

Toppings:
- 2 c chopped pecans
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 c brown sugar

Instructions: Preheat oven to 300', crack egg white in small bowl, and add brown sugar, and whisk together. Pour pecans in bowl, cover all pecans in mixture. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet, pour and shread pecans over sheet. Baked 15-20 mins

Dressing:
- 1 c apple cider vineger
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1 tsp basalmic vinegar
- a pinch of brown sugar

Instructions: In a bowl/mason jar pour in all the ingredients, and whisk together. Chill for at least 30 mins, shake well before pouring over salad.