- 1 lb of turkey meat or ground beef
- 1 c diced carrots diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 celery stick diced
- 1 green onion diced
- 1 c corn
- 1/2 c white wine
- 2 tbsp worchestershire
- 1/2 tbsp garlic salt, onion salt,rosemary, sage, and thyme
- 1/4 c coconut milk
- garlic salt
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c (more if you are feeding more people) beef broth
- 1 tbsp french onion mix (these come in packets)
1. Preheat oven to 400' , dice all veggies and pour in bowl, boil cauliflower.
2. Cook turkey meat, once it becomes brown , add wine, then add in veggies once its mixed in.
3. Cook the veggies together with meat. Mixing it all together. Add seasoning, and worchestershire.
4. Once finished cooking, set aside.
5. Once cauliflower is cooked, drain water, and begin mashing ( I used a blender), slowly adding in liquid, and seasoning. Mix until mashed completely
1. You will make this like a normal breakfast gravy, place flour to thicken, adding in beef broth slowly, while whisking
2. Cooking on low, continuing to whisk, add in french onion seasoning
This meal is very filling and delicious, and I love the colors in the meat mixture! I know it looks like a lot of ingredients, but a lot of it you will have on hand. This is a good one for kids to hid all the veggies they don't like! I played around with this recipe a lot, because I had never made shepards pie, and I didn't want it fatty either. I hope you enjoy!