- 3 chicken breast
- 4 zucchini sliced down the middle longways
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 c diced cilantro
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 c sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp low sodium taco seasoning ( I found a great blog called Whole New Mom that has an all natural taco seasoning homemade, Homemade Taco Seasoning )
- 1/4 c diced green onions
- 1 lime
1. Preheat oven to 375', place chicken breast in skillet and begin to cook.
2. Slice zucchinis long ways, and scoop out the center, like a boat. Put the insides of the zucchini in a bowl and set aside.
3. When chicken is finished, place in zucchini bowl and begin to shred the chicken.
4. Pour the shredded chicken and zucchini mix back into the skillet, once the zucchini is soft, pour taco seasoning in and mix together, then turn off heat.
5. In a baking sheet make a layer of enchilada sauce, the lay zucchini "boats" throughout the dish.
6. Begin to fill the "boats" up with chicken mixture, then top with more enchilada sauce.
7. Then top with peppers, onions, cilantro, cheese , finish off by squeezing lime juice all over "boats"
8. Bake for 20 minutes
If you are obsessed with mexican food, and need your fix without all the carbs... this is your dish! You can even add some black beans for more texture if you wanted.