Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Banana Apple Sauce Muffins with a peanut butter glaze

I had some bananas laying around I needed to use, and I had a sugarfree apple sauce that I wanted to test in a recipe for the first time. So I played around with what ingredients I had on hand, and it ended up turning out very delicious!

Ingredients:
THIS MAKES 12 CUPCAKES
- 2 bananas
- 1 c organic sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c applesauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c whole wheat flour

Peanut butter glaze Ingredients:
- 1/4 c creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp coconut milk

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven 350'
2. Place bananas in bowl, and mash with a masher. Then add sugar, egg, applesauce, and mix together. Then add the rest of the ingredients. Add flour slowly.
3. Spray pan with pam, pour mixture into each cupcake holder
4. Then mix glaze ingredients into small bowl and beat together. Chill, and pour over the bread when cooled.