Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pork Cabbage Cups

I had leftover pork in my fridge, and really didn't want to waste it before it went bad. It had bacon wrapped around it that we had grilled, so I was having a hard time thinking of something else to turn it into. I just started playing around in the kitchen, and came up with something that turned out absolutely delicious, and is now a new favorite! I hope you get a chance to make these, the kids would love them, and they wont be able to make a mess with the soy sauce!

Ingredients:
- wontons
- 8 oz pork (thats what I had on hand)
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp rice vineager
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 c chopped cabbage

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350'
2. Spray pan with pam, lay 1 wonton wrapper in each cupcake holder
3. Get out your food processor, and put all the ingredients except the cabbage into the processor.
4. Chop until pork is fine and in small chunks
5. Use a teaspoon to scoop out mixture, and pour into cups.
6. Chop cabbage and top the cup with it.
7. Drizzle the top of wonton and cabbage with soy sauce, and close cups
8. Bake 10-15 minutes