Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Grocery Shopping

I absolutely LOVE grocery shopping, but only when I have meals planned out, time to really shop, and a good grocery store to shop in. I finally officially moved into our new house with my husband, and I was so excited to cook for him every night like I used to.

People keep asking me: " How do you spend under $100 at the grocery store?"

A big thing for me when it comes to eating clean is ORGANIZATION. If my fridge, and groceries aren't organized, you can forget about me eating clean. Before I arrive at the store, I have my grocery list, and coupons ready to go, and I only buy what is on that list. I will look in the weekly newspapers for some things, but also HEB has some great coupons as well. Sometimes I like to stock up on things, so if I have a coupon for more than one thing I will go ahead and get it, and put it in the freezer.

I shop the perimeter of the store, I don't buy anything processed. You wouldn't believe how much you can save by not buying chips, dips, cookies, cokes and crap... to put it frank.

Right when I get home from the store, as I am unloading, I go ahead and clean, slice, and put all the veggies and fruit in containers. If they are not clean and ready to grab and eat, I won't eat it. Everything I cook, I make enough so both my husband and I have leftovers for the next day.

Below I have posted a picture of my fridge, and HEB receipt of exactly what I purchased. I will also break down what I purchased for the meals I planned for the week, if you click on the recipe it will take you to the ingredients/recipe I used.

Menu:
Monday- Shrimp and Grits
Tuesday- Baked Chicken Parmesan
Wednesday- Shrimp Tacos
Thursday- Italian spaghetti with spaghetti squash
Friday- Grilled Cabbage, Stuffed Sweet Potato, and corn.
Saturday- We will eat dinner with friends, it is our cheat night.
Sunday- I will do my grocery shopping