Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Shrimp Tacos

Lately I have become obsessed with grilled shrimp tacos from restaurants! I have never made them myself, and haven't had internet with our move, so I decided to wing it. My dad lived in New Orleans, and is an amazing cook, so I called him for some advice. He gave me his famous Remoulade recipe, which for those of you who don't know, it is a mayonnaise based tartar sauce that taste amazing with seafood's in the south. Well, knowing that I hate mayonnaise, and know this sauce is so fatty, I decided to change it up a little. I still need to work on my shrimp tacos, and test some new flavors, but they turned out absolutely delicious.

Ingredients:
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 package of corn tortillas
- 1/2 head of cabbage
- salt/pepper
- 1 lime
- tonys Cajun seasoning (for shrimp)
- Mexican/feta cheese

For Remoulade sauce:
- 1/2 c plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 1.5 tsp mustard (with grains, NOT YELLOW)
- 1/2 tsp horseradish
- 1/2 tsp tonys Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire
- 1 tsp orange juice

Ingredients:
1. Wrap corn tortillas in foil and bake in oven, or lay them on the grill with the shrimp.
2. Place shrimp on skewers, squeeze lime juice over them, and sprinkle with tonys.
3. Slice cabbage in strips and place in bowl. Squeeze lime juice over, sprinkle with salt/pepper, and toss together.
4. Mix together all remoulade ingredients, and put in fridge
5. Grill shrimp until they are pink. If you do not have access to a grill, you can always sauté them.
6. Build taco, and sprinkle with cheese and enjoy.