- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 large cup of spinach lettuce
- 1 cup fat free ricotta cheese (this has less sodium and calories than the others)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 350', slice spaghetti squash in half (long ways) , scoop out seeds with a large spoon, lay face down and pour 1 c water in pan. Cook for 30 minutes.
1. While spaghetti squash cooks, place coconut oil in skillet and let melt. place diced onions, and garlic in skillet and saute.
2. Add sausage. Mix together, and dice to small pieces with spoon.
3. Once meat is cooked, add in spinach lettuce. Mix together.
4. Add ricotta cheese to skillet, and mix together with meat (it will make the spreading easier), set aside.
5. Take squash out of the oven, and let cool. Spray baking dish with cooking spray. Take JUST 1 squash large piece, use fork to scrap out squash into dish. Spread squash evenly.
6. Lay 1/2 meat mixture on top of squash, and spread evenly. Top with tomato sauce, and spread.
7. Take second half of squash, and repeat like you are making a lasagna. Top with mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden crust.