In college I was Involved in a wonderful sorority- Pi beta Phi, and fell in love with everything about it, including my girls! Every Monday before our chapter meeting we had a sit down dinner, and our favorite meal together was poppy seed chicken. We had the most amazing southern women cooks we could ask for. Tonight I enjoyed making a healthier version of what we loved, thinking of all of my girlfriends and memories I had with all of them.
- 2-3 chicken breast
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 cups spinach lettuce
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 can of condensed low sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs/crushed plain crackers
- 2 tbsp butter
- ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375'. Place chicken on baking sheet without any seasoning.
2. Mix together both crumbs, and poppy seeds in a small bowl. Add melted butter slowly mixing in with a fork.
3. Once chicken is finished cooking, place in bowl and shred. Then add the remainder of the ingredients, and mix together.
4. Place chicken mixture in baking dish, and add crumb mixture on top. Slowly spreading out with a fork.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.