Friday, February 28, 2014

Chicken "fried" sweet potato

I have been too lazy to go to the grocery store, and really been testing new recipes this week for what I have on hand. The only meat I had was chicken, and I didn't want rice, so I made a chicken "fried" rice flair dinner except used sweet potatoes as my starch. Hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:
- 2 chicken breast
- 1/2 head cabbage 
- 1 c carrots 
- 1 large sweet potato 
- 1 egg for each bowl 
- 1 tbsp coconut oil 
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce/dales seasoning 

Instructions: 
1. Dice carrots and sweet potatoes, cut thin slices of cabbage, preheat oven to 400' 
2. Place coconut oil in large pot, and let it melt. Add diced sweet potatoes and carrots, cook until begins to golden. Place chicken on baking sheet until fully cooked 
3. Once chicken is finished cooking dice into 1 inch pieces, and add cabbage and chicken to pot. Mix together, add soy and mix again. 
4. Cook until cabbage is wilted. In a separate pan cooking egg over medium. And place on top of mixture.