Monday, March 16, 2015

Negativity and pregnancy


 I will start by saying I have always been a positive person, and when I became pregnant I started to notice the amount of negativity all around me and it drove me insane. I know you will hear a variety of stories when you are pregnant, the good, the bad, and the ugly. My biggest advice I will give you is take anything negative with a grain of salt, and ignore them. Every women experiences a different pregnancy, and delivery so do not base your experience on someone else's. Yes there are many uncomfortable,awkward experience during everything, but at the same time the most amazing day of your life, that nothing can ever compare you. You will instantly forget about the pain, being shy, and what everyone thinks at that moment because once that baby is in your arms, you will fall in love so much it hurts. 

I have always loved babies, and I always knew I wanted a family, but this was something I never realized would change me so much, and knew it was possible to love that much. It is a completely different type of love that I can never explain. Even when my son is crying, and I am absolutely exhausted, he can smile once, or grab my hand and everything is ok. He challenges me in a way I never thought I had in me, and I love that. I learn something everyday from him, and everyday gets easier and a little more exciting. Sometimes I wonder why time has decided to speed up so much since he arrived as each month passes. Every morning we wake up smiling at each other, and instantly I talk to him all day, and sometimes I swear he understands me. We will laugh together, we will hold each other, we do everything together. I am not the type of mom to let anything slow me down, he goes everywhere with me, and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

I know from experience your emotions will be like a roll coaster, and I challenge you to keep a smile on your face, and only positivity in your life. Through this entire experience I cut the negative people out of my life, call on my positive friends or family.  It always helps when I do something alone for myself that makes me happy from spiritually going to church, or physically like working out. 

When I told some people I was pregnant I had some of the most selfish, rude, heartless comments from some that I'm surprised I didn't have to pick my jaw up off the floor that they had the nerve to say it. I also see nothing but constant complaining from people on their Facebook about their children from some. I've had people tell me my life would be over and I can't do anything once I had a kid. So listen to me when I say walk away, and make your own amazing experiences. Yes some days are harder than others, and yes it is a little more challenging to do things with a baby. But I wouldn't have it any other way, being a mom is the most rewarding accomplishment I have had so far. Our life will never stop just because we had a kid, we have just as much fun, if not more. 

My mom sent me this one morning, and anytime I'm having a hard day I go back and read it. A child is such a blessing, and love every minute of it, because they will be grown up before you know it.