- spaghetti squash
- 1 lb ground turkey or lean beef
- low calorie low sugar Tomato sauce (I use heb brand)
- low fat ricotta cheese
- Italian mixed cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 c yellow onion
- Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 400' cut squash long ways, scoop out seeds, place facedown on baking sheet with a little water. Bake 35-40 mins depending on size
2. While squash bakes. Make a spaghetti sauce. Place olive or coconut oil in hot skillet, add garlic and onions.
3. Once onions are translucent, add ground meat and cook. Mixing together. 4. Add in Italian seasoning, and marinara and mix. Cook on low until squash is finished.
5. Let squash cool and begin to take out insides with a fork. It will look like noodles.
6. Begin bottom layer of lasagna with I one side of squash. And flatten.
7. Add ricotta , then meat mixture , then cheese
8. Repeat until all meat mixture and squash is gone. you can make this in any size baking dish